Default Banana attacks Chimp in Strongsville OH

So, Jim, what's the skinny on this story that was on our national news here in DC the other day?
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

See the challenges I have trying to image? I just never know when I'll get attacked by some jungle animal and/or fruit!

Actually, two guys were dressed up as a chimp and a banana advertising on the street for rival cell phone companies. I guess they got more and more aggressive trying to outdo each other until the banana "attacked" the chimp. It barely made the local news, so I'm surprised it made it to Washington DC. Although, with what's going on there, I suspect the chimp and banana could probably add some value!

Jim

Oh, you Americans and your frivolous news

On this side of the pond we're only interested in serious, important news ...

... like exactly what shade of pink Kate Middleton is wearing today, was the cute little water-skiing squirrel suffering an abuse of its human (squirrel) rights, exactly when will Dick Van Dyke reprise his critically acclaimed role as 'Cockney Bert' in Mary Poppins II (this time she has a gun), and when will the European single-currency system collapse to the ruin of all? (that last one was a joke, we're not interested in that at all)

No, Iím kidding, our news is only concerned with how much and of what temperature the rain will be

Russ
    Russell Archer
    LX200 ACF 12in, SXVR-H9, SX AO-LF, SX Lodestar, SX FW

Russ, In other news, fashionistas here in the US are predicting a resurgence in pantyhose sales based on the appearance of the younger royals wearing them in public (royals can't bare legs in public?). I don't remember the last time my wife bought a pair. What's this world coming to?
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Dick, I'm shocked! Do you mean to tell me that American women go around with BARE LEGS

No self-respecting English women (particularly royals) would do such a thing. I think the last time this was known to happen was during the second world war, when such things were impossible to purchase. Luckily, I believe there were always American soliders on hand to provide 'nylons and (or so my Mum tells me) Hershey bars' to lucky English girls.

Anyway, my wife says it's 'common' to go bare-legged and wears 'flesh-colored' pantyhose (or 'tights' as we call them) at all times. This is necessary because unadorned English flesh is a sort of pale grey-white and covered in goose-bumps (because of the cold and lack of Sun). I'm sure you're getting a very attractive mental picture

Luckily my (very lovely) wife will never read this post!

Russ
    Russell Archer
    LX200 ACF 12in, SXVR-H9, SX AO-LF, SX Lodestar, SX FW

(in less than ten characters: ) Amen.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'