OK, am switching from a Paramount ME to AP1200GTO (need a mount with better portability issues). The ME works with ACP very well and has for years. There has been some discussion and one might say confusion on the AP discussion group so I thought I would see what folks here might have to say.

With the current ME setup, I go out, manually swing the OTA down to clear the roll off roof opening, swing it up then power up the mount, CCD camera, Robofocus, home the mount (The Sky 6.XX), and start Focusmax/Maxim DL (5.XX). After everyone is happy, link ACP and it runs all night. In the morning power everything down, manually swing the OTA down to clear the roof closing, then manually swing it about verticle, where it rests until the next night and the procedure is started over.

So, how do folks accomplish something like this with a 1200? I would like to use The Sky and Tpoint. I also need to swing the OTA down to clear the roof, and then close to verticle during the day. I have discovered that if the OTA is stored horizontal, there can be some collimation change over time.

Thanks for the information and input, no need as I can see it to reinvent the wheel.

Mike