Hybrid View

Default Transfer from Planner to Acp

How do I transfer a plan from Planner at one site to ACP at a dfferent site.

a) Sites are on a LAN.

b) Sites are on a WAN.

John Leach

There are two ways:

The Easy Way

In the Planner, there is an area in Preferences where you provide the domain name, username, password for your account on your observatory (see attached). Once you have that info filled in, click Test and if it's OK, the popup shown on the left appears. You need to this only once.

Now, whenever you save a plan locally, after that it will ask you if you want it uploaded to the observatory. I extra click and it's there, ready to run via Multiple Objects/Plan in the web user interface.

The Hard Way

After saving the plan locally, use the My Documents, Observing Plans part of the web user interface to upload the plan to the observatory. Requires hunting for the plan locally and some clicks to upload it.

Either way, contact is via the web protocol HTTP, so there is no difference between a LAN and a WAN unless the WAN is behind a NAT firewall. In that case the domain/IP would be the "inside" IP address (commonly 192.168.?.?) for the LAN and the public IP of the NAT firewall for the WAN. The firewall must map Port 80 to that observatory mmachine. See the SHare Your SKy section of ACP Help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Bob

Hi Bob, , Thanks for info.

The PC at location 1, which has Planner, and the PC at location 2, which has APC, have the same dictionary structure i.e.:- C:\Users \John \My Documents \ACP Astronomy \ Plans. (Similarly for Logs and Images) Is that correct? if not, what should I have, please ?

Should I have in either PC:- C: \ Program Files (x86) \APC Obs control \Plans, (or Images, or Logs).?

In the Planner, Preferences area, for the "domain name" , for remote access should I insert the My-sky address I usually use for remote access?

Thanks,

John Leach

The PC at location 1, which has Planner, and the PC at location 2, which has APC, have the same dictionary structure i.e.:- C:\Users \John \My Documents \ACP Astronomy \ Plans. (Similarly for Logs and Images) Is that correct? if not, what should I have, please ?
    It's irrelevant. From computer 1 (your computer) you use the web browser, and ACP on computer 2 (observatory) manages those web visible files in a place it knows and cares about.
    '
    I think you are making it too complicated. I will be happy to log onto your computer 1 and demonstrate it. Once you see it you'll understand. Let me know what times are good.
    -- Bob

1400 Hrs UT to 20 Hrs UT today would be fine and probably on most other days.
    Just post a time when you will contact and I'll confirm.

Any thing you want me to load before?

If you want phone no its still (0)1752872495

OK, tomorrow at 1500 UT.
    -- Bob

Ok. 31st at 1500hrs UT
    John

Thread Information