Threaded View

Default My very humble attempt at M1

Given the skill and artistry of others who've posted their beautiful images here (Jim, Bill, Erik, Dick, etc.) I hesitated a lot before posting the attached image

However, Jim was kind enough to take the time and trouble to provide me with some excellent practical advice a few months back.
    And I promised to post my some of efforts, even though I'm all too aware they're very much 'beginner's standard'.

Anyway, here's my attempt at imaging M1 from a (very) suburban/light polluted site in London.

It's the result of around 3hrs 45mins total imaging over two recent nights (04 Feb: 9 x 300-secs Lum, 6 x 120-secs each RGB, 9 x 300-secs Ha; 07 Feb: 5 x 600-secs Lum, 5 x 600-secs Ha). The images were taken with a 12inch LX200 (plus f/6.3 focal reducer), SXVR-H9, and SX Lodestar auto-guider.

ACP 6 is performing beautifully for me. I still find it magical that ACP does what it does - I was able to sit and eat dinner with the family while keeping an eye on the images coming in via the ACP web interface running on my iPad. Geeky bliss

Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Russell Archer
    LX200 ACF 12in, SXVR-H9, SX AO-LF, SX Lodestar, SX FW

Thread Information