Default Gemini Firmware required for Ascom driver?

I am using the G11 mount with Level 1.04 firmware, ACP 6, and the Ascom 5.1 version of the Gemini.NET driver. I have downloaded 1.0.8, although the About screen indicates 1.0.0.

The Ascom site indicates that the Gemini driver needs "the current firmware" to work. Doc's site indicates that 1.05 just added a couple of commands for the optional encoders, which I do not have. So, does this driver work with 1.04, or do I need to get 1.05?
    Robert Brewington
    ACP 8.1 / Win 10 64bit
    Tak FSQ106, Paramount MX Mount
    SBig ST2000XM, STF8300M/STi

Default Level 1.04 is fine

I got a couple of replies on the Gemini Users group indicating that the 1.04 is fine. Also, I finally found the Gemini.NET driver manual, and it also specifies 1.04. "Current" apparently means Level 4, rather than Level 3 or earlier.
    Robert Brewington
    ACP 8.1 / Win 10 64bit
    Tak FSQ106, Paramount MX Mount
    SBig ST2000XM, STF8300M/STi

Yeah, I just answered on the ASCOM forum... I decided to poke around and I also found a separate group for the Gemini ASCOM Driver.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gemini_ASCOM_Driver/

which may be of some use. The people there are by definition people who use the Gemini with computer software (other than TheSky).
    -- Bob

I also found this, which talks about a thing called Gemini Model Builder. But again I don't think the modeling is the solution, something more basic is going on in your case.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/G...r/message/2007
    -- Bob

Thread Information