Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default ACP 6 Fails to Connect to Scope [solved]

Hi Bob,
    I was running V6 Beta 2 before.
    After upgrading to V6.0, I cannot connect to scope.
    Following visual basic error when trying to connect (to Astrooptik):
    Conversion from string "" to type 'Interger' is not valid.

Dale

Bob,
    I forgot to add:
    It may not be relevant but I notice that the aperture value on the preferences tab does not stick.
    No matter what I set it to, when I reopen ACP, it is replaced with a large value, the number 1 followed by many zeros.

Dale

Dale --

YOu can help me by switching to the Telescope Simulator and seeing if the same problems occur.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Yes same error with simmulator.
    Dale

OK, we're going to have to set up a time for me to get online. I have no clue what's happening to you. I'll probably be here this weekend trying to catch up. I'm 8 hours earlier than you. We don't need dark skies. Let me know a time and a phone number if it's different than the one ending in 4196. I'll try to make it.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    Yes, the number is still the same.
    By the time you get in it will be around 16:00 over here. So around then or therafter should be fine.
    I will have everything ready for you.
    BTW, although not critical there is still the other thread re the park after weather event (I sent you the logs as requested) which you may want to look into while on-line.

Dale

OK, I'll give you a call at around 5PM your time.
    -- Bob

My Skype address on Iphone:
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']dale_lieb_iphone[/FONT]
    [FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']Dale[/FONT]

Unrelated to ACP 6. The PierTech dome driver was set to "" for the COM port, then when it was called to connect, it returned Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. (the port number presumably) and failed. The error coming from the Dome driver was so unspecific it was hard to tell. Plus, it's odd that the driver lost its COM port setting. I looked at it in the ASCOM Profile Explorer and found that it's not saving its settings there. So I don't know enough to even suggest how to avoid the problem. He's going to talk to PierTech.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    There is still an unresolved issue which you did not get time to look at when you lsat connected to my observatory:
    During weather event scope parks (Atstrooptic) and dome closes, but then tracking resumes. This only happens after a weather event. Normal Park OK
    Can we schedule a link?

Dale

Thread Information