Default Order of Objects

Hello Bob, et al,
    Happy I can now reopen plans in planner w/o the Activex error. Per attached, while text info appears to be fine, the order of objects/times is jumbled within planner. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heh heh, I see what's happening. With the "reusable plans" option turned on, there are no dates attached to the times. It thus treats 00:46 local time as earlier than 18:41. But actually that 00:46 is yesterday's midnight, not the upcoming one! I'll need to solve this before releasing Planner 4.2. Opened a ticket:

http://gemini.dc3.com:8472/Gemini/De...spx?p=21&i=555

Meanwhile, you can edit the targets after importing if needed. In your example, edit NGC3351-3368 and change the date forward one day so it's the upcoming midnight instead of yesterday's. When you finish doing that, the targets will be in the right order.

Also depending on the triviality of the change you want to make, don't be afraid to just edit the plan document itself. By now they should be pretty familiar!
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob,
    One other thing, I got a Planner error message unrelated to what I'm about to pass on to you, but.... your error message still states as per Sky6 that you should '...center and drag w/ the right mouse button'. The Bisques have changed the dragging feature to the left mouse button! Always something in the pursuit of perfection. ;>)

Best, Warren

Picky picky picky!!!

OK, I'll tailor it to whichever version of TheSky is being used. Thanks, I actually AM interested in things at that level.
    -- Bob

Default Picky, Picky...

I've had the privilege of knowing Bob Denny personally and professionally for several years now. Like me, he is a perfectionist. That's why ACP is so good! As you state Bob, I know you're interested in this stuff, and that's why I pass it on. Thanks for all you do.

Best, Warren

You're very welcome. Found and fixed. There were two FOVI related error messages, the one for centering that you saw, and one for having more than one FOVI selected. It would not have been a problem if I had simply said "FOVI must be centered" and left it at that. But I included the instructions on how to center the FOVI right in the error message (not that most people would read it!). Thise instructions differ between TheSky X and TheSky 6. There are several other places where messages and legends differ and are dynamically switched between TheSky X and ThsSky 6. I missed both of the FOVI ones.
    -- Bob

OK, back to the original issue of this thread... I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the issue of importing plans with "reusable" times (no dates). Somehow a decision has to be made whether a time is "in the recent past" whatever that means, or in the future.

What happened to you is you imported the plan probably in the morning, and it thought NGC3351-3368 was in the "recent past" (less than 12 hours ago) so it decided that it had already been run "recently" so it put it first, assuming you'd start the plan right then (which is a bad assumption).

I think I need to be smarter about the times, and make use of the fact that that the times run from early to late within a plan and the order needs to be preserved. I'm working on it.
    -- Bob

Thread Information