I have been using my Gemini mount for imaging - things are working pretty well there.

I would also like to use my Nexstar 11, since it allows me to get better images of smaller planetarys. I know, I should sell the Nexstar and buy another scope and put it on the Gemini; until then, though, I thought I would play with this.

The problem: I align the scope (on a wedge), set a park position, start getting positioning, etc. Eventually clouds come in, to I park the scope in ACP, shut everything down, and power off the scope. Next time I want to run, I power on the scope, at which point the handset says it needs to be aligned. ACP will now connect to the scope, but I can't slew anywhere - I get a message indicating that the scope needs to be aligned.

Is it not possible to use the Nexstar remotely? I can't align it remotely (or at least I don't see how to do it). Or, is there some procedure for doing this? I kind of expected the driver would put the scope into Hibernate or something - maybe I am supposed to do this? Not sure how to Hibernate without the handset, and I think it still wants to be initially aligned after waking up from Hibernation.

Hopefully someone out there uses a Nexstar with ACP?

Thanks,
brew