Default [closed] Planner 4.2.1 BETA (for TheSky X) - Beta 2 is out

I've put together a beta of Planner for TheSky X. The Plan Capture and QuickCapture applets now work (with limitations) with TheSky X. The mouse wheel time control does not yet work, nor does capturing current telescope coordinates (FOVI capture works). The limitations are due to things that aren't yet working in TheSky X. When those features are available through its scripting interfaces the features should just start working. Never mind the info legends that say it's not yet working ...

In TheSky X, however, you can select time time controls and use the mouse wheel to roll time around that way. Try it. It's not that bad. As time changes, the timing info in the Plan Capture applet will update, reflecting your timing.

This requires TheSky X 10.1.9 or later. Also, if the applets find TheSky X, they will ignore TheSky 6, so if you need to use TheSky 6 with the applets, and are just playing around with TheSky X, don't install this beta.

http://download.dc3.com/ACPPlanner-4.2.1-BETA.msi

And the Gemini issue for this, with more details on the status of this project:

http://gemini.dc3.com:8472/Gemini/De...spx?p=21&i=469
    -- Bob

Hi Bob

Just a quick bit of feedback. I tried the beta with TheSkyX Pro 10.1.9 (build 4160) on WinXP SP3 and it all worked great. Planner's the only reason I still have TheSky6 installed, so this is excellent news :-)

Thanks

Russell
    Russell Archer
    LX200 ACF 12in, SXVR-H9, SX AO-LF, SX Lodestar, SX FW

Russell, thanks for the report!
    -- Bob

Email DLL problem

Hi Bob,

I too have been waiting for Planner for TheSkyX. I have TheSkyX, MaximDL and ACP working well together in simulation while planning and building my observatory. I needed Planner to complete the simulation. Here is the problem I am experiencing:

I use TheSky Plan Capture to obtain a target for ACP and save the plan. When I try to run it I get a message: "It appears that AccquireSupport is not registered with Windows. Find AcquireSupport.wsc in the ACP install folder, right click on it, and select register. Then try running your plan again."

When I attempt the above, I get another message: "The module C:\windows\system32\scrobj.dll was loaded but the call to DllInstall failed with error code 0x80004005." Possibly a missing or corrupt dll file?

Here are some more particulars:
    -TheSkyX version 10.1.9 (Build 4160)
    -Win 7 32 bit
    -ACP version 5.1 (build 3, maintenance release 5.1) (I know, I need to upgrade. Would that solve this?)
    -Maxim DL version 4.62

I love this program and I'm looking forward to using it "live" when my observatory comes on line.

Bill Woodward

Turn off User Account Control (at least temporarily), log in as administrator, then register it as described. This assumes Win7 32-bit as you indicated.
    -- Bob

I get the following when clicking on the link to download:

Not Found

The requested URL /ACPPlanner-4.2.1-BETA.msi was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    I've put together a beta of Planner for TheSky X. The Plan Capture and QuickCapture applets now work (with limitations) with TheSky X. The mouse wheel time control does not yet work, nor does capturing current telescope coordinates (FOVI capture works). The limitations are due to things that aren't yet working in TheSky X. When those features are available through its scripting interfaces the features should just start working. Never mind the info legends that say it's not yet working ...

In TheSky X, however, you can select time time controls and use the mouse wheel to roll time around that way. Try it. It's not that bad. As time changes, the timing info in the Plan Capture applet will update, reflecting your timing.

This requires TheSky X 10.1.9 or later. Also, if the applets find TheSky X, they will ignore TheSky 6, so if you need to use TheSky 6 with the applets, and are just playing around with TheSky X, don't install this beta.

http://download.dc3.com/ACPPlanner-4.2.1-BETA.msi

And the Gemini issue for this, with more details on the status of this project:

http://gemini.dc3.com:8472/Gemini/De...spx?p=21&i=469

OOPS! I have revved it for an upcoming TheSky X 10.1.10. Dang it! I forgot about this link. Plus, I don't have a copy of that installer :-((( I don't commit binaries to my repository. Lemme see if I can find it. Or you can wait for TheSky X 10.1.10 which should be out in days not weeks. The link to the new one is

http://download.dc3.com/ACPPlanner-4.2.3-BETA.msi

If you're dying to try it and you have 10.1.9, you can grab a test build I got from Software Bisque. In the zipfile there are two replacement files that go into the TheSky X Professional folder (under Program Files\Software Bisque). Once you replace those files, the Beta 3 planner will work, and you'll have zippy mouse-wheel time control.

http://download.dc3.com/misc/theskyxwin.zip
    -- Bob

Thread Information