Default [Solved - Not a Planner problem] Planner crash Win7

Hi,
    Just installed on Win7.
    Starting app and it stops working.
    App version: 4.1.0.1
    Fault module: mshtml.dll

Win 7 "check online for a solution and close the program" just closes the program with not suggested solution, like run in compatibility mode...

I just installed from the download at http://acp.dc3.com/download.html#dlpln on both Win 7 32-bit and Win7 64-bit, and had no problems.

The mshtml.dll module is part of the Windows Help service. The first thing Planner does when it's started after installation is to display a "read me" page in Planner Help. Try running Planner Help separately from the Start menu. Does that work?
    -- Bob

Default windows update resolved the problem

Applied windows updates and the problem appearred.

Applied the next set of updates to Win7 and the problem dissapeared. In the interim IE also stopped working and referenced the same .dll, so apparantly was something in the 1st win updates.

Did notice though, that when you create presets you need to do the "new" and then sets the filters. If you set filters 1st then go to the window box to the left and right-click, select new, it errors out.

Did notice though, that when you create presets you need to do the "new" and then sets the filters. If you set filters 1st then go to the window box to the left and right-click, select new, it errors out.
    I can't repro this. If there is no target at all in the list on the left, the filters etc. are disabled, you can't set them. Once there is a target in the list, you can't deselect it (by design), and thus there's no way to set filters without at least one target in the list, and the filters apply to the selected target.

Can you give me a step by step repro scenario so I can fix it?
    -- Bob

Default sequence

It's not a big deal...but:

Tried it on V 4.1.1:

- deleted presets defined and tried to replicate and error did not occur. WIN XP

- tried on new install of V 4.1.1.1 on Win 7.
    1). Added filters
    2). Selected oresets from the menu
    3). Selected each of the filters in the boxes to configue them, leaving num / sec/ bin as is
    4). Right clicked in box to the left and selected "new"

Got pop up error box:" Run-time error '91': Object variable or with block variable not set."

When you close the pop up the prog grays and eventually must be closed.
    Last edited by Larry Clark; Oct 7, 2010 at 03:27. Reason: added program closes

Larry --

Thanks for the better instructions. I am able to reproduce it now. I've filed a Gemini issue to get it fixed. It seems to be specific to a brand new installation, not related to the OS version.

http://gemini.dc3.com:8472/Gemini/De...spx?p=21&i=467

It's fixed now, with changes to make the filter selector and Update button disabled unless there's something in the preset list. This is the same behavior of the other windows that have lists (target list in the main window, for example).
    -- Bob

Thread Information