Default RCOS Rotator Registration for ASCOM

I do not see the RCOS Rotator on the drop down list of the ACP Rotator Applet. It just lists the simulator and ACP. I have installed the latest ACP Hotfix, and have checked off the box at the end of the installation to register the RCOS ASCOM Driver. Any thoughts on what I may be missing?

Paul

The ACP hotfix has nothing to do with this, apart from having an option in its installer to register RCOS' driver for ASCOM. In fact ACP itself has nothing to do with this :-)

It's a failure by the RCOS Rotator driver to register itself for ASCOM. As usual, by making up for someone else's problem in my software (the HF installer), the problem is converted to MY problem :-))))) The RCOS Rotator driver won't show up in any program's ASCOM Chooser, including the one shown by ACP's rotator applet.

We talked on the phone a couple of days ago and I suggested you re-run the ACP HotFix installer and check the box "Register RCOS Rotator Driver" and you've done that. So now I have no clue why that driver is not showing up. The next step is for me to remote into your system and do live troubleshooting on RCOS' driver.

Please let me know a time when I can do it. My week is pretty free late afternoons (early evenings for you) but the sooner we carve out a time the better.
    -- Bob

Solved via remote login. Manually registered the rotator driver with ASCOM by using the ASCOM Profile Explorer (Platform 5.5). Add a new key under Rotators "RCOS_AE.Rotator", then set the unnamed value to "RCOS PIR Rotator". Then "RCOS PIR Rotator" appears in the Chooser list.
    -- Bob

Thread Information