Hybrid View

Default AAG CloudWatcher

Iím using AAG CloudWatcher for weather safety with a Ti PD10 dome.
    There are a couple of software issues Iíd like to report, Iíve e mailed AAGware with no reply as yet.

This is CloudWatcher v5.20 and WeatherCenter v2.20, both beta releases. CloudWatcher acts as a weather server for ACP.

First issue; WC sends data to ACP on a user defined schedule, anywhere from once every second to 5 minuets. Problem is when the data is sent the ACP console is cleared. If you are doing a flat plan or filters and need to enter a file or # it wonít let you till the weather server is disconnected. In the image log files you can have hundreds of entries of Ďweather clearí. If you launch a plan and watch the console it clears quickly. I have set the update to every 5 minuets to kind of clear things up. This is not great as my dome is remote (New Mexico vs. CA) and the weather can change quickly so something in the 30 second frame would be better.

Second, on a weather unsafe script all worked well for the most part. The scope was parked; dome closed and homed but tracking was not turned off. ACP did show an error message of Ďscript abortí when the weather event happened

This is most certainly AAGware issues, if anyone has any ideas, Iím all ears. For now Iíll wait and see if my e mail to them gets a reply and if anyone is interested, keep you updated.

Tom

I'm unsure of the problem but it sounds like the weather safe/unsafe property is toggling back and forth a lot. Antonio is a good guy so I expect he'll tend to it asap.
    -- Bob

Bob,
    Would you happen to have an e mail address other than aagware at gmail dot com for Antonio? I'm not getting any reply from him and have sent multiple e mails.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

No, that's the one I have...
    -- Bob

Default AAGware

Hi Tom,

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of AAG_CloudWztcher (5.20.500). The setup of ACPWeatherFeed v1.25 (weather server) allows the user to disconnect the alerts to the console.

Please contact me directly through aagware@gmail.com if you still having problems.

Best regards

Antonio

Hello Antonio!

Perhaps another solution, for the future, would be to append the CloudWatcher info to ACP's console, similar to the way that FocusMax does it.

Anyway, thanks very much for responding to this, and for responding here!!
    -- Bob

Here is a follow up on the AAG cloud watcher. Antonio got back to me and had me update the software to the latest release (April 2010 - weather center 2.20.320 and Cloud watcher 5.20.320). These releases fixed the problems I was having. (Latest release now is 2.20.500 and 5.20.500)

Iíve used the AAG weather center for about 6 months now, 24/7 at our remote observatory in New Mexico which is a Technical Innovations PD10 along with ACP. I tuned the system for clouds, overcast, rain, wind etc. As weather moved in and it became windy or overcast the weather center would throw the switch and ACP would run a weather safety script, homing the dome, closing the shutter and parking the scope. So far this has been very reliable. Works seamlessly with ACP.

Tom

Thread Information