Thread: Error 13

Hybrid View

Default Error 13

Last night I was improving a good model with better V curves. In the middle of a V curve I had a power failure. Now when I start focus max I get an Error 13. I have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled and I continue to get the same error. There is also a second error in a lightly shaded white box Error -214623000: ., hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, Position 1. Frmmain.sub Form_Load. I am not sure what happened and how it happened but I do need help:

Any suggestions?

Andy Blanchard
    Atacama Andy

C14 Hyperstar
    QHY8
    Paramount Me
    12' Clamshell
    San Pedro
    Atacama Desert Chile
    Seeing .48 a/sec

I also found something else that seems odd. When I go into ACP preferences and the focus tab. Everything is greyed out. I cannot click on anthing on this tab?? It is almost like ACP does not see Focusmax.

Andy ideas?

Andy
    Atacama Andy

C14 Hyperstar
    QHY8
    Paramount Me
    12' Clamshell
    San Pedro
    Atacama Desert Chile
    Seeing .48 a/sec

I can answer the second one - if everything is grayed out, ACP thinks there is no FocusMax installed. If this is a result of a power failure I would be suspect of the system integrity. You should, at a minimum, run a disk check and registry integrity check. Otherwise you may find creeping instabilities as more things come to the surface. I'm guessing that the system was in the process of writing to the disk when the power failed. If you don't have a UPS that allows a graceful shutdown, you could have a touchy system now. If you have a complete drive image backup I would restore from that and then re-do whatever you did after that last backup.
    -- Bob

Thread Information