Here is my problem; My Gemini (Lv4) is tracking too fast. I have done numerous test, and there is something going on in the controller. I can set my RA tracking rate to 56160 (default sidereal rate for the MI250 is 56096) and the mount tracks perfect. The only way I can set this is to use the Gemini's user defined/ comet tracking rate and set the RA to 56160 and the Dec. to 0. This works great until ACP slews to an object, centers it, and you guessed it, when it starts tracking it sets the tracking rate to the sidereal rate (56096), and my mount is tracking too fast.

I know this is a work around, but Losmandy support has been HORRID. I have tried to get a new main board for the controller, I was told they were at least 3 months out, so it looks like this won't be fixed till I can afford an AP 1200!

One solution that is probable is my question; Can ACP be changed to use the comet rate in the Gemini when it tracks, rather that the sidereal rate?

With the mount running fast, it makes my autoguider work overtime, I can get marginally acceptable 10 min subs, but 20 min and over narrow band stuff is out of the question. If anyone has any Gemini experience and would have any suggestions on how to fix it, PLEASE PM me because Losmandy is clueless on this one.

Thanks, Paul