Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default More problems with email

Hi Bob, this is how I've been receiving emails from you (only you) (delivered to my Verizon email account):

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    <!--
    body {
        font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Geneva, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    }
    table {
        background-color: #EEEEFF;
    }
    td {
        font-size: 80%;
    }
    th {
    }
    td.alt2 {
        background-color: #FFFFCC;
    }
    pre.alt2 {
        background-color: #FFFFCC;
    }
    .smallfont {
    }
    -->
    </style>
    </head>
    <body><div id="ei_body">I just sent it to you!  :-) 

---Quote---
              Bob

Could you resend me my new license so I can install the ACP fix 10 update.
     Thanks.

LArry

Larry Simpson
    ---End Quote---
    This message was posted via email (http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?t=2275)
    </div>
    <div id="ei_sig"></div>
    <div id="ei_links"><span style="display: none;">-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-</span>
    <table>
        <tr>
            <td align="center"><a href="http://forums.dc3.com/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&f=15">Unsubscribe from ACP Observatory Control Software</a></td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="left">
                <a href="http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?t=4165">View thread in forum (1 replies)</a> |
                <a href="http://forums.dc3.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=0&p=22408"> Reply via forum</a> |
                <a href="http://forums.dc3.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=15">Start a new thread via forum</a>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr><td align="center"><a href="http://dc3.com/">View Homepage</a> | <a href="http://forums.dc3.com">View Forums</a></td></tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="center">You may reply to this email to post a reply to the forum.<br>You can also begin a new thread by sending an email to <a href="mailto:acp@forums.dc3.com">acp@forums.dc3.com</a>!</td>
        </tr>
    </table>
    <span style="display: none;">-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-</span></div>
    </body>
    This is the verbatim text that shows up. It's not being interpreted as an html file, I guess. Is this a problem on my end?
    </html>
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

This is still happening??? I spent an entire day on this crazy problem (and believe me the code is crazy and testing it is even crazier). Yves reported what I found, that the raw HTML was fixed. I'm trying... it's not my code nor is it in a language I'm comfortable with, nor is it running where I can debug it. I have to put trace statements that write to fines on the Linux system in Michigan then FTP in and look at them.
    -- Bob

Bob,

This has become a problem only recently. FYI, when I open the message in Thunderbird, the View/Message Body As... says "Original HTML". The same message on the Forum page has this at the bottom:

This message was posted via email

There is no problem for messages you send via email that do not have a [quote] in them.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

I'm confused. Why are you using "View Message Body as"? Or does the HTML show up before you use View Message As? Or sdoes the HTML show up when you look at the HTML or ??? Do messages without a quotation in them look OK (rendered not raw HTML). I just can't figure out precisely what the problem is at your end? :-)

The reason it changed is that I got into that code on the forum software and thought I had fixed the problem where people were receiving both forum subscription email (the "full integration ones) as well as thread subscription mails (the ones that are 1-way, coming from individual threads) as HTML and yet they were being typed by the mailer as plain text, so the recipients saw raw HTML. It's all so confusing.

You can choose to receive Comm Center emails in either text or HTML now (another change I made, activating that feature) via the User Control Panel (User C/P).
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    I'm confused. Why are you using "View Message Body as"? ...
    You can choose to receive Comm Center emails in either text or HTML now (another change I made, activating that feature) via the User Control Panel (User C/P).

Bob,

I only meant to report that when I opened a message you sent via email from your phone, Thunderbird showed, when I looked at that View/Message Body... menu, that "Original HTML" was checked. I didn't change anything - that must be the default setting?

I also have not changed settings in my Comm Center user preferences regarding how I receive Comm Center emails. I don't even remember how I have it set up, although after I send this message I will check.

This is a problem for me only for messages that include "quotes ... /quote" blocks.

I don't know if there IS a problem at my end or not. I haven't changed the way Thunderbird works (not even a new update version in the longest time). All of a sudden, TB doesn't want to render your email messages correctly - the ones with quotes sent from your phone! I've never had, and still don't have, any problems with email sent from the Comm Center.

Does this help?
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Dick --

I don't send messages from my phone. The messages I post are sent using T-Bird, and I use T-Bird for all my mail including the stuff tat gets sent and received with the Comm Center. I'm still a bit confused though... For reference I have attached a screen shot of your post regarding the #notimecompress script error as seen in my T-Bird client. As you can see the [code] block is rendered correctly in Courier and your red signature block at the bottom shows OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the mistake on my part - I'm not understanding quite what's going on.

Attached is a view of my T-Bird, plus the Forum view of the same message. I misread the forum message footnote about email and jumped to the conclusion that you sent it from your phone. Now I know that you mean you sent it from your regular email app on the computer, and not through the Forum Comm channel.

What I was saying was that somehow your messages from email that included a quote got displayed in my T_Bird as shown on the left. I could very well be an decoding problem on my end, except I haven't changed anything, and this started happening only recently. There is not a problem with receiving messages sent from your email that don't have a quote in them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

How did the message end up with a powder blue background? Do you have some sort of extension that styles HTML emails? Just curious.

Please open the message (double click the entry in the list in the top pane) into its own window, then Save As email message (.eml). Zip it and attach it to your reply. Maybe I can see what's going on. Don't hold your breath... this is a beast to deal with, and it takes me at least a half hour to get the test/debug environment set up, then I have to spin back up on the code...
    -- Bob

Powder blue - in T-Bird, Tools/Options/Display has a setting for background.

Email attached as requested. Wouldn't it be something if there was a bug in T-Bird! Please don't lose sleep over this - I can certainly live with the status quo. It is curious that this has only come up recently, though.

Strange, too, that no one else has noticed or complained about this...

AFK for the night.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Damn it!
    Code:
    Content-type: text/plain
    Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
    X-Priority: 3
    X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse,
     please include it with any abuse report
    X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - a2s17.a2hosting.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - verizon.net
    X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [32125 99] / [47 12]
    X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - a2s17.a2hosting.com
    References: <4165.22386@emailintegration>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    [...]
    Same damn problem.
    -- Bob

Thread Information