Threaded View

Default Digital DomeWorks "Fix-It" Driver

Unfortunately, Technical Innovations is not interested in updating their years-old Digital DomeWorks ASCOM driver. They have updated their stand-alone DDWCP program. Meanwhile, problems with the ASCOM driver have surfaced:
    • It does not recover from random COM/Serial errors, instead reporting "not connected"
    • It often starts up reporting Shutter Error despite turning on its "start up without shutter error" option

If you're having either or both of these poblems, you might be interested in this: I have built a "shim" driver that sits between the astro program and the real DDW ASCOM driver. Please unzip the attached and run the executable/installer. It requires the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, which you probably already have. This will not disturb your real DDW driver. In ACP, Dome Preferences, change the dome to "TI Dome Wrapper Driver" and try it. I am not certain that it will fix anything, but it is my first attempt to help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

Thread Information