Thread: UPS and ACP

Threaded View

Default UPS and ACP

Hi all
    Along 2009 ..I´ll definitively will relocate my equipment in a remote observatory ..looking for less cloudy/rainy skies.. As you can guess..ACP is the skeleton of this project.
    Past week ,I purchased 3 UPS´s ( MGE ) ..with USB connection to PC and some kind of software named "Personnal Solution PC2"..
    This piece of software permits a shutdown sequence that can send some commands designed for the user...It´s a *.BAT file (here in this example,named "shutdown.bat". I put inside a file named "UPS.vbs" ..
    The idea is that when UPS detect energy fails...it launchs "shutdwon.bat"..executes UPS.vbs (sending "telescope.park")..and ACP stops imaging ,park telescope and close roof..
    I´m working with simulation scope,dome and focuser...I launch ACP to take images (M1..for example) and all runs OK in simulation....
    When I switch off electricity..the UPS detects it and launchs the shutdown.bat ...then executes UPS,vbs...and then ..
    ...And then ACP pops up an screen with the error message " An ACP script is already running"...
    In the help file...: "Attempt to run a script while there is already a script active in the console"..right.
    Sorry for my simpleness,.....I´m loosed and going crazy trying to achieve ACp parks the scope...and after (yes..I have clicked "Close and park/home when scope is parked by script") roof is closed....:Finnaly the UPS shutdown the PC-..I don´t know ow to stop the ACP actual running script..and then send "the telescope.park".
    "
    I attach the "shutdown.bat" files so,you can see what type of file the software generates..
    If someone want to read the help file of this software ..here is the link:
    http://download.mgeops.com/manual/psp/en/default.htm

Any kind of help is appreciated..as I´m making dozens of test without success..This would be a milestone in my project...
    Thanks¡
    Antonio
    (Vargas,Spain)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information