Hybrid View

Default Starry Night integration gone, not time related?

Hi,
    It appears my Starry Night integration for the planner is broken. I have tried advancing a full day ahead, but the quick menu items remain missing for the planner. I tried reinstalling the planner, and have searched here. Any ideas?
    Mark Galiyano

What changed? Is it possible that the planner's plugin ACPPlan.plug is no longer in the Starry Night SkyData\Plugins folder?
    -- Bob

I don't know what changed. There are a billion things loaded on this system, and I use it for software development, but I can't say what may have caused the menu items to disappear. The plugin is in the ..\sky data\plug-ins folder under starry night pro 6.
    Mark

So the plugin is there, yet you have NO menu ittems??? Look very carefully... can you maybe see a dimmed out time is in the past item at the top of the right-click menu?
    -- Bob

Bob,
    Nope, I'm not being that much of a ninny
    I have attached a capture of my quick menu.
    To be sure of the time, I clicked 'now' then 'sunset' before right clicking an object to get the quick menu. It has worked for better than a year, and works on another machine. Maybe a SN reinstall is in order?
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ha ha... well I have had people tell me there is no menu item only to find that it was just dimmed out.

Something is interfering with the plugin, then. List the files in the StarryNight\SkyData\Plugins folder.
    -- Bob

Planner plug in fixed Recently, I lost the planner plug in on my second machine. So did some version checking and found that V6.2.3 of Starry Night Pro Plus 6 was available. Downloading and installing this update restored the ACP Planner planner. I noticed before installing the update that the Help | About Plugin menu item was completely missing. After installing the update, the menu item reappeared, and the planner integration is restored without any other action. Maybe this will help someone else, although it appears I am the only victim

_Mark

Thanks, Mark! A similar thing happened a couple of years ago, and was traced to a QuickTime update that exposed a bug in StarryNight. All sorts of weird things got broken. They fixed it and all was well again...
    -- Bob

Thread Information