Threaded View

Default Telescope coordinates wrong at startup

Hello,
    I am having a problem with the telescope knowing the correct location at startup. Prior to going to ACP I was using TPoint for two years and did not have this problem. I have not made any changes to my setup. I thought maybe I was creating problems by running TheSky6 at the same time so I stopped using it, but I still have the issue. I ran the TrainCorrector routine a few nights ago with great success, see attached log file. I was able to locate, platesolve and image objects successfully. I parked the mount at the end of my imaging session (it look level). Two nights later I tried to finish imaging the objects I started two nights ago and platsolve failed, see attached log file. I found the pointing was way off, It was unable to platesolve after several attempts. My FOV with my setup is 66.6 x 66.6 arcmin (Tak FS-128/f6, STL-4020 and I am running Dimension4 for time control, AP1200 mount). I centered on a alignment star and issued a ACP sync but it still would not platesolve using the sync script. I was able to successfully run FoucusMax. After parking the mount I could see that the position of the telescope had the wrong coordinates. (telescope was not level). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Joe Schaefer.

Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information