Default Problem with Planner 2.0 and Starry Night 5

Hello,

Last night I tried to create a plan using Starry Night 5 and Planner 2.0. Starry Night would correctly display that it was on daylight savings time and Planner would launch normally but I would immediately receive a message that the time was in the past. I know this has to be a daylight savings time issue, but I can't figure out where to fix it.

Mark Paluszny
    http://www.starbrookskies.com

Hi Mark,

In the upper left of SNP, you'll see the time. Change that to some time in the future. Now you'll be able to do a Plan.

A simplier way, to the right of SNP's clock, you can slide the time of day back and forth.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Actually the problem I am having is that for some reason Planner is one hour ahead of Starry Night. If I try to make a plan that is supposed to start in less than one hour, I get the error. If I make the plan for over an hour in advance, the plan lists the correct local time but UT is is an hour later. What is really perplexing is that if I click on a target that is in the past in Starry Night, Planner will not auto-launch, however if I set the time ahead by say 10 minutes, Planner launches but then immediately gives me the error message.

Thanks for the script by the way.

Mark Paluszny

Now I am really confused. I just ran Starry Night on my observatory laptop and had no problems creating a plan. I tried to make sure that the two computers are set up the same. I have the same location and time options set in Starry Night on the two computers. I am running Planner 2.0.3 on both. Both have the same time zone options in windows. The only difference is my desktop (doesn't work) is running Windows XP Pro and my laptop (works) is running Windows XP Media Edition. I did check for patches on Windows update and it is already installed on my desktop.

Any suggestions?

Mark Paluszny

Check the WIndows Date/Time control panel, Time Zone tab, on the two computers. Is there a difference? The OS cannot be an issue.
    -- Bob

I realized I had not rebooted my desktop since the switch to daylight savings time. I rebooted and now it works fine. Windows works in mysterious (and often frustrating) ways.

Mark Paluszny

Mark -- OK, thanks for letting us know!
    -- Bob

Default Plugin Problem

I just installed Starry Night Pro Plus 6.3.9 and tried to find - ACP Planner Starter options - and could not locate it in the Plugins. Went to "Problem with Planner 2.0" and found the Zip File from Bob. Unzipped it into the plugin directory of Starry Nights and started the program. The plugin is not showing it there, but when "re" zipping the zip file, it shows that it is there.

What am I doing incorrectly ?

Frank J Mraz
    "Focus...Focus...Focus"

Thread Information