I had a MX+ for several years, operated remotely. Here were some things I found, usually the hard way.

* MX+ motors are substantial, and a motor stalling for mechanical reasons is unusual, short of something like egregiously bad balancing, wind gust torque, etc.
* The MX+ control board is very sensitive to electromagnetic pulses (through the air). Just the arcing from a household thermostat will freeze the MX+ and throw a TheSky error. Make sure there is no arcing source nearby. Grounding is generally good but just won't solve this particular problem.
* The MX+ USB system is a bit sensitive to EM noise. I used only high-end cables, added a ferrite to each end of each USB cable, then ran everything USB (except the camera) through an industrial-quality USB hub (which includes opto-isolators, USB-power regulation, RF filters, etc), and then my USB problems went away, for years. I'm convinced that all astronomy USB should use industrial USB hubs (except for the camera).
* Yes, strain relief is important.
* The MX+ pass-through port is tiny, so one must check all cables for strain through the mount's entire range of motion.Tedious, but less tedious than midnight problems in a remote scope.

Good luck
Eric