Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Connecting to a New Pegasus Falcon Rotator

Bob,

I just acquired a new Pegasus Falcon Rotator and I am having trouble connecting to it. I am able to connect using the Falcon Rotator software, however, I cannot connect through ACP. These are the screenshots I am seeing:

ACP Error1.jpg
    And:
    ACP Error2.jpg
    Here is the Ascom setup:
    ACP Error3.jpg

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Carl Lancaster
    Riverside, CT

Some additional information, I was able to connect using the ASCOM control within Maxim DL 5.29 and the Falcon Rotator Software started and connected.

Bob,

This was posted today:

It is better to wait for 2-3 days as we are going to provide a new ASCOM universal server/driver for all of our products in combination with Unity, our new software platform.

No need to troubleshoot for something that is going to be obsolete after the launch of our new ASCOM.

I will be checking their website for the update. Thanks.

I’m a bit confused. ACP would not be sending a CommandString. Can you give me a step-by-step of what you did to attach the rotator and then connect to it? I know it’s pretty simple. But there’s some piece of this that I don’t know about.
    -- Bob

Bob,

I downloaded and installed the ASCOM driver, rotator software, TheSkyX plugin and USB drivers w/o issue and was able to successfully connect with the rotator tool. I was able to rotate the camera and perform all the basic functions. I was also able to connect to the rotator with the observatory icon in Maxim DL and the SkyX. But when I went to connect with ACP, I got the error above. I still have the Pyxis LE software installed, could that be an issue?

I am available after 5 PM EST if you want to get on a call.

Thanks.

Carl

OK, I’ll call at 5PM Eastern Daylight Time. If 203 63* 53** isn’t the right number, send me email at rdenny@dc3.com with a good number to call.
    -- Bob

Bob, that looks right, talk to you then. Thanks.

Wow our session was a record setter. Three hours. It took that long for me to zero in on the exception coming from the thread that maintains the status lights and the rotator telemetry. It's happening when I check the Connected property of the rotator! I can't repro it with a simple script, so it must be timing and sequenciong related. The exception is absolutely coming from the rotator though.

I have posted a plea for help on the Pegasus Falcon Rotator forum.

https://pegasusastro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=387
    -- Bob

Bob,

Thank you so very much for both your time and effort in trying to resolve my issue. It is very much appreciated! I have no doubt it will get sorted.

Thanks again!

Carl

Hi Bob,

I have noticed that you spent a consiserable amount of time trying to fix the link to the falcon focuser thet I am thinking of purchasing. I contacted the company which reponded :-If ACP supports an ASCOM rotator,yes, it will connect perfectly fine.
    Best Regards,
    Evans

Thread Information