Hi Bob,

I am resurrecting my observatory after 10 years and still have my old software and associated licenses. Current ASCOM release, ACP6 (Web), MaxIm DL 5 Pro, Pinpoint 6 and FocusMax 3.4 All seem to install and run without obvious issues (with the exception of FocusMax) on my Windows 10 Laptop. I am using a 14" Meade LX200GPS 14" (Autostar II) circa 1990's and purchased new early 2000's, an SBIG STL1001E primary camera but my Starlight Xpress MX716 (Guider) is USB 1 and no longer supported by Windows (technically it can be made to work but I have to throw Windows into Test Mode to install the drivers and think that's likely to cause too many problems downstream).
Initial tests show that the Telescope connects (haven't tried the focuser), slews, tracks and parks and the camera fires up, cools down and images are triggered appropriately. Pinpoint works and platesolves every old image I have thrown at it. I have a ZWO ASI120mm guide scope coming to fill the void left by the MX716.
Is there any pressing need for me to update any of the software (other than FocusMax)? Obviously I will upgrade in due course but just trying to keep my startup costs to a minimum as I will also need to purchase and build a new observatory and purchase a new laptop (Windows 11 likely to give me any issues??)!

Cheers

David