Hybrid View

Question Sheduler Web Server

I have tried to access the form (on line) like you did on videos but I was not able to do so. I have been reading help and watch videos but could not find the proper information. I am so new at this software that it is possible that everything works and not knowing it. Very basic question, I know...

H Francois, No need to ever apologize here! Everyone at one point in time was a new user.

I'll try to help you. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is you are describing, but it sounds like you want to use a browser to access the ACP web server. There are two possible ways of doing that.

First, you have to make sure you've enabled the web server in the ACP/Preferences/Server panel, which looks like this:

pref.png

You'll have to do that at the observatory computer. Make sure the check box called "Enable Web Server" is checked and you have your IP address and port number (if nothing, the default port number is 80) in the boxes. Do worry about "Enable TLS."

1. If your browser is on a network computer that's not the computer where ACP is running, use the browser to go to that address, in this example it's http://192.168.1.169:8080

2. If your web browser is on the same computer ACP is running on, then just enter this simpler address -- http://localhost:xxxx, where xxxx might not be needed, or it might be the port number you specified in the ACP preferences, as above. Or you can also use the longer address http://192.168.1.169:8080

If this is not what you're looking for, please reply with a bit more detail about where you're having trouble.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thank you very much for your help Dick. I followed your instruction and it works as advertised. :- D

Francois,

Thank you for your reply. I’m so glad to hear this! Good luck as you continue to use ACP and learn about all it’s capabilities.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thread Information