Default Sync failure in 10 Micron Controller

Hi Bob,

after 9 months without any problems I now have suddenly an autofocus issue. Autofocus starts normally, finds a star, slews there,plate solves, and takes it's first picture after which I loose tracking.

When I do everything manually there is no issue. I have attached the log file. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Roelof
    Attached Files Attached Files

This doesn't appear to be an autofocus issue. It is failing during a pointing update which is done before each target as well as autofocus. Are you able to observe normally? Can you acquire images?

21:14:03 **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**
    21:14:05 Source: ASCOM.tenmicron_mount.Telescope
    21:14:05 Message: SyncToTarget failed

The 10 Micron is throwing an error when I call it for Sync. I will only call for Sync if the mount tells me that it CAN sync. So the mount is saying it can be synced, then throwing an error when you try to sync it. And you're saying that this "just started happening"... no changes to the mount firmware or software?
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob, the words "pointing update" triggered something in my brain...after I build the last pointing model I forgot to switch off the continuous update and I had simply reached the limit of the database...I switched off, et voila, everything in order gaian. Thanks you, Roelof

Ah, this limit is in the 10 Micron controller yes? If so then I understand. Thank you for letting us know.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Ah, this limit is in the 10 Micron controller yes? If so then I understand. Thank you for letting us know.
    Indeed Bob, that is correct.

Kind regards,
    Roelof

Thank you!
    -- Bob

Thread Information