Threaded View

Default Camera Hangs and Stop Plan

Bob,

After weeks of cloudy skies, last night it was beautifully clear. Sadly, I had a string of camera failures (I believe) similar to the experience Arto Oksanen had in January 2020. http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php...lete#post79856 After every failure, I had to shut down the observatory, reboot the observatory computer, and resubmit the scheduled plan once again. It did not fail in the same place every time.

Attached are both the MaxIm log file and the ACP log file for one of the failures. Looking at the bottom of each file, you can compare the times and see that the exposure never "finished." Seven+ minutes elapsed between 2:57:02 and 3:04:16 when the camera finally gave up the ghost, or ACP did. I also attached a screen dump of the observatory computer showing the web access Activity bar hung up and the Maxim exposure bar hung up. Never mind the crappy image which was a result of the focuser not being reset between failures and restarts. The ACP console window shows the same exposure ID as the ACP log, along with the MaxIm window showing "(Not Responding)." Also attached is the relevant scheduler log.

I've had this issue recently of the camera downloading but ImageReady not being set to True (or ACP not seeing the signal), though not as frequently as last night. It might be more frequent if it were clearer here.

Hangup.png

I have not yet checked out your posts on the Diffraction forum - the ones you referred to in Arto's thread. I was curious to know whether you think this issue had been solved by Diffraction (or by you, or by Arto), and I'm missing some key update. Or should I put this up on the Diffraction forum? I should mention I'm using MaxIm v6.20.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thread Information