Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ha ha haaaaaa Thanks Dick. I’m wide awake!
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Berg View Post
    Good Morning, Bob,

Attachment 13970 Conecntrate! You are falling asleep. Concentrate!

It looks to me like the Aladin API does not allow specifying the FOV in both directions, thus creating only a square image. However, the <div> in the body of the script can be modified to make a rectangular image, which actually masks the vertical dimension instead of compressing it. Here's what mine looks like. The 450 and 305 are in the same ratio as my camera's X and Y pixel dimensions:

<div id="aladin-lite-div" style="width:450px; height:305px;"></div>

That gives this image:

Attachment 13972

The existing code already adapts to the X-pixels dimension. The question is whether the div's "style" can be constructed as a variable, so that what's 305 above could actually be computed relative to the 450 depending on the Y-pixels relative to the X-pixels.

There are other Aladin parameters that can get rid of any of the icons/buttons appearing in the image, too.

This is really useful. Where do you make that change?
    I assumed it wasn't within the Tiddler i.e.
    Code:
    <<slider "" "Pictorial Camera Field Info" Details "Citation and usage info">><HTML>
    <table width="96%" style="border:none;margin:1px;background:transparent"><iframe id="aaladinlite" src="/ac/aaladinlite.asp" width="100%" height="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency style="border:none;"></iframe></table></html>
    <<RefreshIFrame "Recenter on Scope Field" "Move display back to scope coordinates">>

Hi John,

Right, it's not in the tiddler. Look for the line mentioned above (<div>...) in this script: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Web Data\Doc Root\ac\aaladinlite.asp
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Berg View Post
    Hi John,

Right, it's not in the tiddler. Look for the line mentioned above (<div>...) in this script: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Web Data\Doc Root\ac\aaladinlite.asp
    That's brilliant , Dick.
    Thanks

Good to know where the code is for other changes.
    Took a back up of the file and made the change - new rectangle is pretty much dead on my camera sensor now (added bonus that both my APO's use the same camera sensor size for imaging - one mono and one OSC - so will work for both) - only my planetary camera is different, but that's irrelevant.

Thanks again

John

John — Wow! FOr a trial user you’re going deeeeeeep. When I get to that ticket I’d like to take a look at your work. Be sure to keep your altered tiddler text in separate master files for later merging with updates from me. Also hopes for any back end ASP files you change.
    -- Bob

Ha - yes... trying to soak it all in.
    To be honest I simply followed Dick's instruction to alter the .asp file. (so no changes to the tiddler needed)
    What would be amazing is if the script did actually call the sensor parameters as a variable to set the height of the FOV box. (might try doing that).
    I REALLY like the web interface so doing as much as I possibly can there makes sense.

There is so much to learn, but that is much of the fun.

Had a further look at this.
    It is possible to pull in the sensor height and width from the Camera object - using Camer.CameraYsize and Camera.CameraXsize. This gives the number of pixels in X and Y, so (assuming square pixels) the sensor size ratio can be calculated., which means the height of the frame can be calculated from a set width.
    Something like this, which I added:

Code:
    if(Util.CameraConnected)
                {
                    var scale = (Camera.PixelSizeX / Telescope.FocalLength) * 0.206;
                    FOV = Util.FormatVar(Camera.CameraXSize * (scale / 3600.0), "0.000");
            FOV2 = Util.FormatVar(FOV * 60, "0.000");
                    var ratio = (Camera.CameraYsize / Camera.CameraXsize);
            var height = Util.FormatVar(ratio,"0.00");
            var Yax = Util.FormatVar(height * 700, "0");
            var Yax2 = Yax+"px";
            camStat = "has " + (FOV2) + " arc min field of view - and a Y/X ratio of: " +height + " ,which is " + Yax2 + " display height (to the nearest pixel)"
                }
    There's some print to the screen of the calcs in that code, which I added just for testing.

The main problem is how to then send the calculated value to the DIV style attribute. Sure that can be done...just not certain how.

Have a look (image below) at how the ASP substitution works with the <%=...%> construct. Calculate the width and height in pixels (you're basically there) lets say Xax and Yax, then

<div id="aladin-lite-div" style="width:<%=Xax%>px;height:<%=Yax%>px;"></div>

When you get it working, pass the asp along by attaching here in a zip file <-- link to attaching instructions. I will incorporate it into the next release and give you credit. Thanks!!

-- Bob

Super. That works.
    I also looked to see if aladinlite had some attribute for PA, but alas it does not.

Anyway here is the update file.
    I set the width to 700px (looks to line up well with the system display) and the height adjusts based on the camera sensor (to the nearest pixel). - note : will not work for sensors with rectangular pixels. (but would seem like a fairly simple addition by adding input for sensor width and height which would create the ratio attribute).

EDIT - it does work with sensors with rectangular pixels now (adjusted to read in micron size of the pixel also so the sensor actual size can be calculated and used for the ratio of image height/width).

sensor.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Ramdenee; Jan 20, 2021 at 21:35.

Thread Information