Threaded View

Default Beware KB 4579311

I ran the available updates today, three of them for me, and I discovered that KB 4579311 managed to reset all the USB power management options (in Device Manager) to the "default" of allowing the computer to turn off the devices to save power! Not only that, it reset my general power and sleep settings (in the Settings/System/Power&Sleep tab) to turn off the screen and to go to sleep after 30 minutes or an hour.

If you apply this update, and if you care, then be sure to reset these things to your desired settings. Also, don't forget about power management settings for the network card(s) in the Device Manager. I'm just sayin'...

Twice today I had to go out to the observatory and "wake up" the computer so I could connect to it from the house using ACP or RDP, before I figured out what was going on.
    Last edited by Dick Berg; Oct 18, 2020 at 21:34.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thread Information