George, do NOT use a filter wheel for camera 2. This is wrong.
Arne needs to think about this differently.

See the attached diagram.
dual_wheel_and_guider.png

Here's the two scenarios:

On the Guide or Expose tab, Filter Wheel 2 is associated with the guide scope and guide camera, and should NOT be used, unless you have a small filter wheel associated with the guide camera. Almost ZERO people use that. I know a couple of people that have a light pollution, Halpha, clear, and IR pass filter for their guider in a small FW2 for Camera 2. It's rare.

Filter Wheel 1 is set to Dual Wheel which is the COMBINATION of FW1A and FW1B. In my sample, I had provided 2 different filter wheel types just to make it clear, but I guess since they are called Filter Wheel 1 and Filter Wheel 2 in the example and in MaxIm and this naming convention can be confusing. I suppose you could call them 1-1 and 1-2, and the a rare guider fw is 2.
So the three are:
FW1 = FW1A or FW1-1 cascaded with FW1B or FW1-2.
FW2 = Guider's filter wheel FW2

In more detail:
Main Camera is always Camera 1.
Guide Camera is always Camera 2.
Main camera has a Filter Wheel 1.
Guide camera on rare occassion has its own filter wheel, known as Filter Wheel 2.
This would total up as 3 PHYSICAL filter wheels; but MaxIm calls the pair on Camera 1 "Filter Wheel 1" - a virtual filter wheel only when using Dual Wheel.
MaxIm calls the optional small filter wheel on the guide Camera 2 "Filter Wheel 2".

Feel free to call me at the Diffraction Limited office to discuss/debug. 613 225 2732

To get FW1A and FW1B to move to different slots, you need to define the virtual filters so that they are drawn from each separate wheel, FW1A and FW1B.

When defining the wheels, there needs to be a way to differentiate between them.
I don't know whose wheels you are using or what models.
The old Apogee Dual Wheels use 1 driver, but in the advanced settings for the driver, you picked which of the two USB devices.