Threaded View

COPIED FROM MARCO'S THREAD:
    Marco -- I m stuck, so I need to get you to gather some info. I have created an ACP build with script logic tracing in it. I am not sure I will be able to see exactly what's happening with this info but hopefully the info will tell me where to look in the complex script interface, and maybe where it's prematurely exiting the script without reporting any error (and there may not even be one!). This is an ACP 8.3 build. I really do not want to create a separate build environment here from the older 8.2 sources. I'm sorry but to go forward at least one of your systems will need to be brought up to date. I'm hoping that it will be the one that has been the most troublesome.

Once you have 8.3 installed on that system, then rename acp.exe and drop this one in its place. Don't rename this new one and try to run it with the wrong name. It should be ACP.exe. Next, you'll need to activate the script tracing by editing the registry. In

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Syswow64\Denny\ACP\Gen eral, find the TraceFile entry which will be blank. Change it to a path where you would like the file to go. Maybe

C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACPScriptTrace.txt

but it can go anywhere. Now run ACP and execute a simple script, suggest Simple Loop.vbs. Use the Abort button to kill it. The ASPScriptTrace file will be written and flushed after each write so it will always have the last trace info in it. Only when you close ACP will that fie be closed (it's not closed and opened after each write). But you should be able to see stuff in it with Notepad etc. after this test. I apologize for the times being local, I didn't want to rebuild my (personal many year old) test DLL. Just keep that in mind.

Now run until you have the problem. I hope you can monitor the system and catch one of these, or maybe several. Then post back here with the ACP run logs containing the premature exits, along with the ACPScriptTrace.log, and the time zone (UTC offset) for the system so I can correlate the tracing with the ACP logs. I hope this will give me a start on where to look.

EVERYONE ELSE - DO NOT USE THIS.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

Thread Information