Hi Russ,

Welcome to the Comm Center! I have enjoyed your website and your imagery for many years. I'm glad you're considering ACP Expert as a tool for your image acquisition. I'll give you some help here - Bob or others will chime in, I'm sure.

The substitution fields in the example files... Maybe you haven't noticed there are TWO sets of substitution tokens - one set for use with ACP (by itself) and another set used for ACP Expert (Scheduler). The two sets are not interchangeable, with a few exceptions (like $DATENITE). The ACP Help file shows the tokens for ACP. The Sample-ImageFileConfig.txt file is commented with the full array of tokens to use with Expert. For Expert, the right config file is here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Config\Scheduler\Sample-ImageFileConfig.txt. There is no Sample-ImageFileConfig for ACP, but there is a Template Generator Tool for ACP (only) explained in the ACP Help file (image below). So you have to be careful to use the right tokens in either ImageFileConfig.txt file. When you have it set up correctly for Scheduler, save it as ImageFileConfig.txt, in the same folder as the Sample. Incidentally, variants of this file are what are used also to control saving offsite/offline to, for example, Dropbox.

tool.jpg

Second thing is the temperature field, $TEMP... Yes, the line of code in AcquireScheduler.vbs and AcquireImages.js use the "floor" function to truncate the camera's reported temperature. When the temperature meanders just below zero and becomes negative, "floor" will make it -1. This probably can be changed easily by adding a half degree to the reported temperature before truncating.

Third thing is I'm trying to figure out how the project/plan/observation names... Well, specific to your question, $TGTNAME is a token used in ACP only, and it correlates with the target name you have associated with a particular "targetname<tab>RA<tab>Dec" in a plan you created by hand or using ACP Planner. For Scheduler, $TGTNAME won't be recognized - $OBSNAME is the right token, and it's the name of the current Observation. You'll notice there is also $PLNNAME and $PRJNAME. When you build your ImageFileConfig.txt files for ACP and Scheduler, you find that, with all the available tokens, this is quite flexible.

Last is a question... I have no experience with this other than to say I store my images on the observatory computer (500 feet from the house), and in the morning I LAN them over to my home computer for long-term storage and further processing. I have Dropbox and could set that up, but for me as the sole user it's just as easy collecting everything in the morning. Bob will be the best person to answer the details of your question. He usually takes the weekends off.

For an example, here's how I've set up my ImageFileConfig.txt files (a separate one each for ACP and for Scheduler). These result in the same (close enough) file labeling. You'll see the token names are different.

For ACP (goes in folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Config:
[*]$DEFPATH\$TGTNAME-$DATENITE-S$SETNUM-R$RPTNUM-C$CNTNUM-$FILTER
$DEFPATH\$TGTNAME-$DATENITE-S$SETNUM-R$RPTNUM-C$CNTNUM-$FILTER

For Scheduler (goes in folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Config\Scheduler:
[*]$DEFPATH\$PLNNAME\$OBSNAME-$DATENITE-S$OBSSEQ-C$IMGSEQ-$IMGFILT
$DEFPATH\$PLNNAME\$OBSNAME-$DATENITE-S$OBSSEQ-C$IMGSEQ-$IMGFILT