Hi Marco.

Bob will most likely have to help you with this problem.

The issue may be related to the use of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition which was an extra secure build of Windows 7 designed for large managed corporate networks.

The answer might lie in the special ‘Applocker’ console that is enabled with Windows 7 Ultimate and contains permissions lists per-application that allow apps such as Scheduler to access parts of the OS considered security critical in corporate networks.

As so few ‘ordinary’ users here will have used the extra secure Windows 7 Ultimate edition I doubt there will be many that have experience of app management on this platform.

The I.T. dept of my employer distributed a few builds of Win7 Ultimate about 10 years ago and it was not a great success as it stopped our engineers running diagnostic software on the machines we were supposed to be maintaining and after just a few months I.T. reverted those machines back to Windows 7 Professional.

Have a look at the Applocker console and see if you can add Scheduler to the whitelist, or remove any restrictions already applied to Scheduler, if present. Also, right-mouse-click Scheduler.exe and check permissions are set correctly and that Scheduler is not configured to run with permanent administrator rights.

My memory of the Applocker setup and Windows 7 Ultimate is rather sketchy I’m afraid as I only used it for a few weeks, you will have to search on-line for Applocker instructions or wait for Bob to help.

William.