Default Autoguider calibrate issues

Hello all,

The autoguiding has been challenging recently and I am unable to calibrate the guider.
    Here is how the scope movements look like after enabling the Guider Calibrate script:

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Francois

Hi all,

I see that the picture I tried to paste in the body of my message did not come through...
    The shape of the red lines after calibration was complete were forming a "V" shape instead of an "L" shape.
    I have not been able to calibrate the guider for several weeks now and therefore to guide.

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks

Francois

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Regembal View Post
    Hello all,

The autoguiding has been challenging recently and I am unable to calibrate the guider.
    Here is how the scope movements look like after enabling the Guider Calibrate script:

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Francois

Francois -- A "V" shape indicates that the guide camera is not aligned with the mount axes. That's OK unless you are using a rotator. Are you able to guide within MaxIm after calibrating? If not that is the problem you need to solve first before using ACP. Once you have it guiding in MaxIm, pelase first go through the process as described in ACP Help under AutoGuiding Your Mount. It is complex mostly for off-axis rotated guiding which is a complex issue on a German Equatorial mount :-)

I'll try to help but your support and upgrades expired 9 months ago. I assume this is Christian Hennes' system, right?
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,Thanks for your reply. Strangely enough, I ran the AutoguiderCalibrate script again last night and I got a very nice "L" shape. I had not physically touched the imaging train in the meantime (it's a fully remote setup). How can this be? One day a "V" and the next an "L"... From that point on, autoguiding succedeed.Yes it is Christian Hennes account for our shared setup. Shall I contact him to update our account?Francois

Ok good. I'm happy things are going well. It's up to you on the renewal.
    -- Bob

Thread Information