Default Script control of MaxDome II lower shutter

Hi,

The answer to this is probably "It's a dome driver/controller problem" , but I thought I'd query anyway in case I missed something in the various class methods and properties. I'd like to be able to, from a script (say UserActions.TargetStart/Stop), flip the setting of "Open Upper Only" in the MaxDome II properties.

Thanx,

Paul Howard

Hi Paul -- The ASCOM IDome interface does not provide for multiple leaves or other ways of controlling the access to the sky apart from a generic "shutter". The way this was addressed is via the interface allowing a client to give an altitude as well as an azimuth, and ACP does this. However the dome control system needs to take the altitude request into consideration. This way the lower shutter would be opened and closed on an "as needed" basis to provide access to low altitude targets as needed. I don't believe MaxDome does this. I know of one custom clamshell control system that uses the ASCOM Az/Alt info from ACP to optimize the leave positions.
    -- Bob

Thread Information