Threaded View

Default Any PWI Focus Issues Surfacing?

Hello Bob:

I have had focus issues for the past 3-4 nights. Found focus at 2200 microns at the start of last night (12800 is typical). I did an autofocus last night after interrupting Scheduler. Did autofocus in PWI3 and got 12883 microns, normal, V curve looked good. Restarted Scheduler, but not ACP. Images poor this am. Some projects totally out of focus. Requested a Visual inspection of focuser today to see if obvious issue at SRO. Seems unlikely, as that would have compromised the PWI3 autofocus. Could the Win10 update have anything to do with this. I am running ACP 8.2, V8.2 Pre Release, bld 6---Scheduler 8.2.1. Been working fine for 2 years. Tried to find the logs but only found the C>users>admin>documents>ASCOM>Logs_2020-05-24, which is extremely detailed to work with. Is there a better log to look at?

Thanks for your help.

Update---I reset the focus position the following night that is referenced above. It ran all night, 2.+ arc secs fwhm all nite long, 120 sec exp, and BVRI Filters--all in focus. Don;t know what fixed it. I will watch again tonight.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Walker; May 26, 2020 at 14:40. Reason: Update

Thread Information