Hello Peter,

You are indeed on the right track. You can use the move command to do offsets from the Star position to your designated slit (target / To) position. There is a check box labeled 'Lock' to store the position of your slit X,Y on the move screen.

I know Bob has been successful in disconnecting a camera and reconnecting a different camera as described above. I am trying a different approach which is using a new add on to MaxImDL called Maestro which gives you access to run multiple client versions of MaxIm on the same (or other network connected computers). Then you are not restricted to just a Camera1 and guide Camera2. You can add a Camera3, Camera4, for each additional license. I was stuck for a while due to a problem in Maestro 6.27 of not being able to control temperature controlled ASCOM cameras in the client versions but I understand that is fixed in 6.28 and I am looking forward to getting back to that project next week. One unfortunate thing in Maestro is it is designed for something like a DragonFly system where you may have lots of imaging cameras. Maestro uses REST to communicate between versions of MaxIm. The first instance of MaxIm is referred to the Maestro Server and additional versions of MaxIm Maestro are called Clients. Little thought was given to spectroscopy users so if you (like me) have a large field of view acquisition camera set as Server Camera1, the small field and guider (looking at your slit) as Server Camera2, and then need a third camera attached to your Shelyak for spectra that is a ClientCamera1. The length of the exposures of all cameras must be tied to the length of the exposure of the Server of Camera1. So I am planning to take long darks with my Server Camera1 while Server Camera2 is guiding on the slit and Client Camera1 is taking a spectrograph exposure. So far this has worked well outside ACP and once I am happy with the new version of Maestro I will start adding control to ACP.

Hope this explains what we are trying to do with Diffractions help.

Bill