Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Do put the #nosolve in there first. I think this is the best solution the more I consider it.
    -- Bob

Adding the #nosolve to the description field keeps orbital tracking "on". Thanks for the tip! I recommend that this thread be considered resolved.

OK!! Good news. I might just do that when I see #TRACKON no matter what!

ACP-1762 - Disable final image plate solving when orbital tracking is active
    -- Bob

Bob, I wanted to alert you that the APCC Pro fix that corrected the orbital tracking issue (sign reversal) has regressed. I had been using a BETA version from the developer (of APCC Pro) that corrected the problem. Unfortunately the newly released latest version still contains the problem. I'm offering this in case others are experiencing comet trails again as I did when I upgraded to the latest APCC Pro. I'm re-implementing the workaround in the ACP script AcquireSupport.wsc.

-Craig

Please also advise AP of the software regression. The behavior is wrong and eventually someone else will hit it. It's always better if a report like that comes from a customer :-)
    -- Bob

Done! I wrote to Ray tonight to let him know. And I re-coded the workaround in ACP that you provided in the past so I can keep on imaging Atlas while it's up by Orion. Thanks! -Craig

Ok, good. Thanks!!! It will help them beyond ACP.
    -- Bob

Well, I was wrong about the "regression" in APCC. It's fine w/ the tracking rate offsets for orbital tracking as generated by ACP. It turns out that I was seeing the "loss" of orbital tracking after the first subframe in a series, which I've seen before. I misinterpreted that to be a return of the tracking offset sign problem in APCC due to an interesting coincidence with the motion of comet Atlas (I think). Anyway, orbital tracking for the first subframe in a series using APCC Pro is just fine now. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for letting us know Craig.
    -- Bob

Thread Information