Default System.Dynamic error when starting up

Hi Bob:

I recently installed ACP and ACP Expert Scheduler 8.3. Starting ACP throws up a flag (presumably from Windows) indicating "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". The tab "heading" is System Dynamic. If I click on "OK", everything seems to be normal, though I have not yet tried imaging with ACP 8.3.
    During installation, I accidentally installed scheduler prior to installing ACP 8.3. Could this be related to my issue?

Peter

The System.Dynamic error is coming from inside Software Bisque TheSky. It happens when TheSky is "auto-started" by Windows in response to connecting the telescope from ACP. To avoid the problem, start TheSky first, let it initialize (you don't have to connect to the Paramount) then connect from ACP. Someone told me that this was recently fixed, and in my copy of TheSky X - Version 10.5.0 (Build 11587) - it does not happen. I saw it here in the past though.

PS (and this is a guess) If you have "auto-connect" set in ACP you can bypass this if you have trouble... hold down the SHIFT key when starting ACP. You can use auto connect though, just start TheSKy before doing anything that would cause ACP (or any other ASCOM program) to connect to the Paramount through TheSKy.
    -- Bob

That did it! Thanks,

Peter

OK, excellent. Did you update your TheSky or just start it first (or both)?
    -- Bob

I did not upgrade Theskyx. I am not at my observatory PC now, but I believe I am one release behind the current ver. of Thesky.

Peter

Thread Information