Threaded View

Bob,

I am not sure if this is relevant, but if I disconnect the RCOS rotator from ACP then RCOS TCC (silently!) disconnects the communication port. This disables (freezes) also the focuser and FocusMax and also ACP if it tries to poll the focuser. Not good! This is probably another bug in RCOS TCC ASCOM interface? RCOS TCC still seem to be OK and shows it is connected to the telescope, but if I'll try to change the focus it says "communication port is not open". Disconnecting and connecting in RCOS TCC solves this and focusmax is promptly unfrozen and works as nothing had happened.

Also if I exit ACP when the rotator is connected the same happens and freezes FocusMax. I am sure this has happened several times and caused at least some of the "focuser freezings".

Edit: I also noticed that if the RCOS TCC application is not showing the temperature tab then the temperature request from FM4 (or Pipe) sometimes (after many hours) does not receive a reply and that causes it (and possibly also ACP if it happens to ask focus change) to freeze. Just clicking the temperature tab on RCOS TCC returns the temperature to the waiting caller. As long the temperature tab is visible everything seem to work (lets wait a few days to be sure).

arto
    Last edited by Arto Oksanen; Jan 25, 2020 at 21:38.
    Arto Oksanen arto.oksanen at jklsirius.fi
    Verkkoniementie 30, FI-40950 Muurame, Finland

Thread Information