So far I have 2 critical pieces of equipment that are widely used as remote components - 10micron mount and Talon automated roof that work very well standalone and through MaximDL, using Ascom. This however doesn’t allow me to use ACP for remote control - Talon crashes ACP altogether every time during roof close
I found this thread

Morning calibration and shutdown script not running, no logs

in which we were going to look online but I either failed to follow up with post-session message or we never finished doing this. If you want to continue, please continue on that thread so things don't get mixed up here.

I'm happy to look, but from the evidence the Talon dome was/is not ASCOM compatible. ACP requires that devices report consistent info. It is an automation system. Sure it is OK to manually open and close the dome with MaxIm or ?? but those apps aren't making the status a condition. They just send the command and hope for the best. ACP cannot do that. Also ACP is OK with a wide variety of Dome and Roof controllers. And what can I do about the 10 Micron? "Working very well standalone" doesn't mean "well it should work with a strict remote robotic/automated system" also. I'm sorry to sound a bit harsh but I cannot bend on the design for devices that don't follow the specs.