Threaded View

I have made sure that USB suspend is disabled. So that can't be it. The driver ran last night through the device hub and did crash faithfully sometime in the morning. Attached is the trace from the device hub. It crashed when trying to set tracking to false (although the same command had succeeded in the past in the same log). So it's not a fundamental problem with the call itself. Something else is going on.

I figured it might be something like a memory leak, or maybe an issue with caching where one too many requests too frequently causes it to crash, so created this simple script to stress it out. And ran it for 500 iterations with no delay. And it does not crash. In task manager I don't notice the memory ballooning either. So it does not seem like a memory leak. Not I could run this for many more cycles, but not sure if that's productive.

var numRuns = WScript.Arguments.Item(0);
    var delay = WScript.Arguments.Item(1);

WScript.Echo("Doing a " + numRuns + " runs...");
    var mount = new ActiveXObject("ASCOM.tenmicron_mount.Telescope");

mount.Connected = true;

var i = 0;
    while (i < numRuns) {
    WScript.Echo(i);
    mount.CanSetTracking();
    mount.RightAscension();
    mount.Declination();
    mount.AtPark();
    mount.Slewing();
    mount.Tracking();
    mount.SideOfPier();
    mount.Tracking = false;
    i++;
    WScript.Sleep(delay);
    }
    mount.connected = false;

So it looks like there is some unique thing that's going on between 10micron ascom driver and ACP that is causing this Running out of ideas on how to debug this.

On other forums and the interwebs in general I not found any mention of this sort of a problem and I have been working with Ed, who also mentions that he has not seen this with others!

My system is plain vanilla. I can't think of anything that is super unique about it or the installation so far. So not sure why I am the statistical outlier here. Such a bummer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information