Default Camera getting stuck (was Scheduler Stalled...)

Hi,

Last night Scheduler seemed to stall twice with the attached screen shot from the last time. If I uncheck the dispatcher, and recheck, it starts back up. So i do not think this is a hardware issue.

I had not rebooted the system before running. I find the system is less reliable when I leave Expert Scheduler running during the day and it attempts to Startup and then continuing imaging in the evening. All mount and camera processes seem to be shut down. But it is more reliable if I reboot the machine and start fresh.

The logs tells me little, but if you check the times (log versus screen shot), you see nothing has been happening.... clock advances on ACP on the screen after last scheduler log created.

This is a fine point, but this is all fine details.

JY

PS Only change in the system recently was the Temperature Compensation implemented in Focus Max... that BTW seems to be working just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerry Yesavage; Nov 5, 2019 at 16:31.

This is not the scheduler. By stopping the Scheduler, you are killing the run in ACP. Then you restart the scheduler and it sends another job to ACP which always "resets" the camera at the beginning of each run because it has no idea of the status before the run starts. The key is in the ACP run log and the screen shot:

11:53:37 (using Raw readout mode)
    --- the camera becomes stuck, then a bit over an hour later the scheduler stop kills this run in ACP as designed ---
    14:05:05 **Script Error**
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    This is not the scheduler. By stopping the Scheduler, you are killing the run in ACP. Then you restart the scheduler and it sends another job to ACP which always "resets" the camera at the beginning of each run because it has no idea of the status before the run starts. The key is in the ACP run log and the screen shot:

--- the camera becomes stuck, then a bit over an hour later the scheduler stop kills this run in ACP as designed ---
    Bob,
    I get that it was probably the camera (again) but I stopped the scheduler and restarted it manually at 14:05, did not automatically restart...

11:53:36 (taking 10 sec. exposure, Luminance filter, binning = 3)
    14:05:05 Source: ACP
    14:05:05 Message: The script was aborted.
    14:05:05 Location: line 2224 column 9.
    ACP console log closed 05-Nov-2019 14:05:07 UTC

Yes, stopping the scheduler will kill the run in progress. Then manually restarting the scheduler will cause the scheduler to send another job to ACP. When that job starts in ACP oh, the process of starting the job will cause the camera to be reset. That always happens at the beginning of all ACP observing jobs. Therefore stopping and starting the scheduler will clear the camera error if it is just stuck.
    -- Bob

Yes, stopping the scheduler will kill the run in progress. Then manually restarting the scheduler will cause the scheduler to send another job to ACP. When that job starts in ACP oh, the process of starting the job will cause the camera to be reset. That always happens at the beginning of all ACP observing jobs. Therefore stopping and starting the scheduler will clear the camera error if it is just stuck.
    Thanks, that is what I thought. Hope this is not the start of more camera problems. The card in this one was just replaced.

Fingers crossed.....
    -- Bob

Fingers crossed.....
    Been chatting with Steve Brady and he notes that there are three ways to enter the Temp Compensation:

1) When the camera is idle before starting an exp (Camera idle)
    2) when your observatory control app changes a filter or moves the focuser (Host move cmd)
    3) continuously as needed (even during an exp) - do not check either of the above

I had it on #1, have changed it to #3... maybe it stalled on this operation while CCD was idle... had worked well for 2 nights.

PC Will be at AIC so you can meet this troublemaker in person... we are local to San Jose.

Maybe... you can play with it. Looking forward to seeing you there!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information