Also the Scheduler seems not only to be doing the focus twice but it is also doing it after each run instead of every 3 hours which is what is in the Configuration in Scheduler and am not sure why it is doing that
If the focus fails, the scheduler will keep trying ad nauseum. Thus is why its happening after/before every Observation. I believe the problem is that FocusMax is failing? In another part of the thred I have asked (and again today) if the System File in ACP's preferences is blank. If so, FocusMax is on its own, and Scheduler is simply calling it to "go focus". If there is a system file specified there, ACP will not do any "fallback" or ???, instead it simply tells FocusMax "use this as your system file" and then the same process, ACP calls FocusMax to "go focus" and waits. If that fails, Scheduler will call again, and again and again after each Observation till it succeeds. I suppose I should count consecutive focus fails, and after some number, declare an Operator Intervention condition.