Threaded View

Default 10micron mount raises error on short-distance park

I have a 10 micron 3000 mount and have been noticing two issues and hoping someone can shed some light on why this might be happening.

[edit: Thread split, first question in this thread]

Issue #2: Lately I have noticed ACP fail on trying to park the mount (I am not sure if this is related to some other change I have made because I am unable to associate a change that could/should cause this). The mount does park fine, but ACP bails the script with the below:

ACP console log opened 24-Sep-2019 14:59:45 UTC
    14:59:55 Parking scope
    14:59:59 **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**
    15:00:00 Source: ASCOM.tenmicron_mount.Telescope
    15:00:00 Message: Not parked after trying to park

If I try the shutdown script or weathersafety script (both of which park the scope) again it will succeed. My suspicion is that this is somehow happening async and ACP gets a message saying the scope is parked but it really is not (yet). And when the distance to the park spot is not that high, this works out fine, but not if the distance is big. Any ideas on how I can fix this?? This is causing Scheduler to go into operator intervention My current line of thinking is that in both of the scripts (shutdownobs and weathersafety), I first slew to the parking sport alt/az and then issue the park command.

BTW is there any way to get Scheduler out of operator intervention without having to shut it down and restart it?
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Sep 25, 2019 at 13:49.

Thread Information