Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default License key does not work

Hello,

Just renewed my Visual Pinpoint license from V5.1.4 (2013). The <OK> button is grayed-out when using the registration applet, probably due to age? Can you please send me a revised license format for my old version before I download the upgrade? Thank you!

Jerry Sifferman

Thanks very much for renewing support and upgrades! Your old PinPoint probably requires the old license format. I have sent it to your yahoo address (as showed in your recent order).
    -- Bob

Same problem for me.

I just renewed my PinPoint License. Unfortunately I already deleted my former version prior to receive the email (with the new key) telling me not to do that. I downloaded the latest version yesterday but I can't find anything in the program folder today anymore.

When I try to install again, I have a window with the following message "Your PinPoint license is too old for this new version of PinPoint. If you have a more recent PinPoint license, click NO and enter it into your PinPoint license window (Start menu, PinPoint, Register PinPoint). Otherwise click YES to open a browser to our online store."

Yesterday I answered I answered YES and purchased the new key. Today when trying to install the new version (I can't find the PinPoint in the app folder anymore), I have the above message again. I click NO because I have the new license key and the window simply disappear and nothing happen.

Curiously I can still plate solve with maxim DL.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,
    Nicolas

My problem was that I have chosen not to upgrade my Maxim DL version. That means when I reinstall it, I have an old version of Pinpoint. It sounds like you have the same situation. Bob Denny helped me work around the problem.

Iím sorry, we are at the AAVSO conference. Since you deleted your old software, there is no way to put in your new license which would allow you to use the new version. If you happen to have the installer for your original version of PinPoint, you can run it to reinstall PinPoint then put in your new license, then run the new version installer. If you donít have that, then I will need to try to identify which old version you have and give you a link to it to reinstall. Thatís the best I can do here from the conference. If all else fails I will need to log on next week and get that old version reinstalled etc.
    -- Bob

Thank you Bob for your quick answer.
    I could install PinPoint from the original CD and could successfully register Pinpoint using the new Key . The files are present in the app folder but when I try to open Visual PinPoint nothing happens. When I click on the soft icon, the mouse arrow turn in the blue search logo for one second, turns back as an arrow and nothing happens. When I try to download the last version from the web I still have the message that my license is too old for this new version of PinPoint even though I entered the new key to register the CD version.

Nicolas

PS: thank you also Mark for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed in the license email I received yesterday that the ďUpgrade Expire: 19-Oct-12Ē. That might explain why I am still having the message that my support and upgrades have either expired, or will expire within 30 days.

Nicolas

Oops!! Well good news on using the CD, nice!! Sorry about the license, Stephanie is re-issuing your license now. She says sheís sorry! Put in the new one, then install the newest 6.1 Pinpoint, and you should be OK.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob

Thank you very much for your assistance! Problem solved .

I wish you a nice week!
    Nicolas

Thread Information