Threaded View

Default ACP Frozen from APCC COM errors

So I managed to image last night and noticed at 10:32am this morning the system was still running and roof open. I used Windows remote desktop and found that the shutdown script was showing in the script window but hadn't executed. Everything was still connected. I used ACP to park the scope which in turn closes the roof when the scope is in a safe orientation. That went fine but then trying to execute the shutdown script does nothing. I opened Task Manager and found that APCC was still running and had a COM window open where it listed 6 COM Errors. So that's likely the root of this problem but doesn't explain how ACP was able to park the mount using the Telescope|Park command if COMs were lost. At this point the roof close when ACP told the scope to Park as it's set to do. But why it can't run the shutdown script is curious. I did update ACP to version 8.2.2a (Maint Rel) but trying to check the installed version for Expert will not allow me to open Help|About. In fact I can't seem to do anything in Expert. Actually just allowed and shows 8.2.7 part of ACP Maint Rel 8.2.2 so that's up to date as I was fairly sure. With the scope safely parked and the roof closed I've left it connected in case there needs to be something else to try.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    http://www.astral-imaging.com

Scottsville, Virginia
    ACP Expert
    AP1200GTO
    Tak EM200
    AP 92mm Stowaway
    OGS 12.5" RC
    TAK FSQ-106ED
    STL-11000M/CF8