Threaded View

Default Scheduler Reports Telescope Not Connected (Disconnected) During Imaging.

This may well be an APCC issue rather than a Scheduler issue, but I've posted in both locations.

Over the weekend I updated Windows10 which had not been updated for a year. After updating and cleaning up ACP/Scheduler with their automatic Registry tools, things start fine with ACP/Scheduler, but after 1-2 images, Scheduler reports that "telescope not connected," throws an exception and "Serious Operator Error." This has also happened occasionally on Startup with Scheduler. I've tried several reboots, verified that I have the latest APCC-Pro and AP-ASCOM driver software and this problem continues. I get 1-2 images and then "telescope not connected" shuts things down. Apparently APCC doesn't "know" that it's not connected because it doesn't try to switch to the backup physical serial port.

The only other thing I've noticed is that in Windows Device Manager the Eltima virtual ports no longer show up with the regular COM ports and disappear after APCC shuts down. Instead, there is a separate heading elsewhere in Device Manager with three lines like this:

Virtual Serial Ports 8 (Eltima Software)
    Virtual Serial Port 8 (Eltima Software)
    Virtual Serial Port 8 (Eltima Software)

These don't disappear when APCC shuts itself down. APCC says it's using COM25 for the virtual port and that connection works, at least at the beginning. I've talked with others running updated Windows10 and their Device Manager does apparently show the virtual ports, which disappear when APCC closes. I've tried uninstalling the above "Virtual Serial Ports 8 (Eltima Software) in Device Manager, but it just reappears when APCC runs again. This may or may not be the issue. It's just the only thing I see that's different.

I've attached a Scheduler log from one of the failures during imaging.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Astro Physics 92mm Stowaway

Tech. Innovations 10' Pro Dome
    Astro Physics 1600-AE mount
    PlaneWave 17" CDK scope
    QHY600PH M CMOS camera
    SBIG AO-X adaptive optics
    SBIG StarChaser guider
    Maxim-DL / The Sky X
    FocusMax / CCDInspector
    ACP Expert

Thread Information