Threaded View

Default A new problem with scheduler and dome opening

HI Bob,

I'm not sure what's going on here yet, but I just wanted to say something in advance of your releasing 8.2.2, in case there's a bug.

For the last two nights, the initial startup of the observatory has failed with a DOME FAILURE. I've attached the two logs. Each night was the same issue. Everything started up as it's supposed to, but the dome remained closed after startup. See attached Dome log file for tonight. In that log there's no report of the dome opening at the time of the dome failure. In the ACP Control Panel, the DOME annunciator is flashing grey, and the Scheduler reports Failure in the System Status, with the Dispatcher Running box unchecked. To reset and get going, I quit Scheduler, click on the "Close" box in the dome control panel to forcibly reset ACP, and then start Scheduler again. At this point, StartupObs runs successfully to completion, opening the dome. After this restart, all is well for the whole night, with weather events opening and closing the dome as they should.

This is a new problem since I installed the trial 8.2.2 scheduler.exe file. I didn't report this last night, thinking it was a one-off glitch. But since it happened again tonight, I thought you should be aware.

The log 20190721@010945 is the log for the night of the 20th. The other log 20190721@172045 is from tonight just now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thread Information