Threaded View

Hello Bob,

Thank you for this patch to AcquireSupport.wsc . I applied it and our system seems to be working fine now. I am able to run the scripts I need with no problem and the scheduler is working fine running OK on the whole process. I just finished a successful run of a few hours of observations.

I am not sure abot the firmware version that we have for FS2 and will need to study this, though I think I know we did not update the firmware in the past two decades. I am also not sure that our FS2 can accept the most up-to-date firmware. I will need to study this issue. Will the new firmware will change the FS2 from Telescope V1 device to a device that ACP8.2 (and later) is supporting?

I wonder if I can go back in the ACP version from 8.2 to 8.0 which we know can work with our FS2? This is not not needed right now since I applied the patch, but might be needed if there will be other problems (as you noted), or in future releases of ACP this will not work any more, or there will be more changes that we will not be able to cope with, and we will want to go back in the ACP version after we install the new version. Is this something that can be done? Do I only need to run the old version installation file, same as running the new one, or is there something that will block the going back in versions?

Thanks again for the help,
    Shai
    Last edited by Shai Kaspi; May 11, 2019 at 06:46.

Thread Information