Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Astro-Physics "Illegal operation when parked"

Bob,

Now that my rotator is working I have a set of smaller issues I want to try to resolve.

This error:

**Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**

Appeared three times in this run. It appears twice at the start during scheduling but eventually one of the plans runs. Then it reappears during the flats, which fail to run.

Any ideas?

Added the image logs as may be more information there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerry Yesavage; May 3, 2019 at 14:59.

Jacoby 1_20190503@002210.log

07:22:18 Start slew to Jacoby 1...

07:22:19 Start rotate to PA 0.0 deg (raw rotator angle 288.8)
    07:22:20 (wait for slew to complete)
    07:22:45 (slew complete)
    07:22:45 (wait for rotator)
    07:24:39 (rotation complete)
    07:24:39 [flip check: Tn=240s HAc=-5070s GW=F HAz=-4713s DWz=F WF=no]
    07:24:39 **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**
    07:24:39 Source: ASCOM V2 AstroPhysics GTO Driver
    07:24:39 Message: Illegal operation while parked

07:24:39 Location: line 1097 column 13.

THis is the AP mount reporting this error when I try to assure that the offset tracking is set to 0. Have you very recently updated the Astro-Physics driver? It just finished slewing and the tracking is on, so changing the track offsets should be totally legal.

Jacoby 1_20190503@002443.log

07:24:50 Start slew to Jacoby 1...
    07:24:50 **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**
    07:24:50 Source: ASCOM V2 AstroPhysics GTO Driver
    07:24:50 Message: Illegal operation while parked
    07:24:50 Location: line 2046 column 9.

This is the first slew of the run. Oddly, the mount should have been unparked when ACP connected to it, and again at the beginning of every run, ACP will unpark the scope. So especially this last one is strange.

Can you think of a reason for these?
    -- Bob

I have their latest versions which is a bit of a house of cards. It goes back and forth between APCC and the ASCOM driver.

You recall they told me to put a delay into the startup script. I started with 5s and later on to 10s. Maybe I need more for it to fully initialize.

The bad news is that I see similar errors sprinked around here and there in other operations... like the focusing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Yesavage View Post
    I have their latest versions which is a bit of a house of cards. It goes back and forth between APCC and the ASCOM driver.

You recall they told me to put a delay into the startup script. I started with 5s and later on to 10s. Maybe I need more for it to fully initialize.

The bad news is that I see similar errors sprinkled around here and there in other operations... like the focusing...
    Well, watching it work tonight and this shows up in the Flats script also (for the record). It did not kill the Expert Scheduler process. Hopefully it continues to work.

I'm unsure what to do about this. So far it is specific to your installation. What is this about a delay??? Have you edited any of the ACP scripts for this? I really need to get to the bottom of this if it is a generic A-P problem. If needed I will contact them but I will need to get with you to get more info. Or maybe you have already contacted them? Help me out here...
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    I'm unsure what to do about this. So far it is specific to your installation. What is this about a delay??? Have you edited any of the ACP scripts for this? I really need to get to the bottom of this if it is a generic A-P problem. If needed I will contact them but I will need to get with you to get more info. Or maybe you have already contacted them? Help me out here...
    Yes I did talk to Howard who said to put the delay in. What I also get occasionally is errors in APCC due to "low power"... I think the mount is not fully powered up before other app try to use it and this leads to failures... maybe. In any case, I increased my delay in the startup script now to 15s and will watch it as it starts. This is intermittent and may have to do with whatever else might be running, but this is an I7 8 core processor... Let me just test the start-up.

Well, the test start-up did not go well with that APCC set of errors again. See the jpg. Also FM did not start. Here are the logs. I am rebooting the system and will try again... Zipped APCC material too big to upload.

Well2, startup worked fine after reboot as did shutdown... but APCC left running and throwing errors....

Attempt to startup again fails... something about a dead state..... think I better make sure APCC is complete closed down after the shut down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jerry Yesavage; May 4, 2019 at 23:11.

Well, I modified the shutdown script to kill APCC and their driver. That worked for one cycle of startup and shutdown, but when I tried to restart I got the Moonlight ASCOM error.

After some thought, seems there are two systems on FM. It seems to be trying to open both with the same driver? I disabled #1. ACP calls #2. Maybe #1 starts by default also.
    Last edited by Jerry Yesavage; May 5, 2019 at 02:27.

I'm all mixed up. What does the focuser have to do with parked state on the mount?
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    I'm all mixed up. What does the focuser have to do with parked state on the mount?
    I confused you with the second issue on the NightCrawler. That is in the other post from me today. I hope that is resolved internally with FocusMax. I have to go down these one by one with this new system. I have a long shopping list.

This error did not occur last night. I think it related to having APCC running after system shutdown and power-off of the mount. I added a kill process command (call to your stop program) and hopefully that will fix this problem. This requires more testing. The stop program, does not seem to able to kill the APCC ASCOM driver.

A possible variant of the error occurred last night during flats acquisition:

2019-05-08 03:31:51.6: ** ACP script "AutoFlat" failed:
    2019-05-08 03:31:51.6: **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**

I restarted ExpertScheduler and it recurred... I guess this is APCC again? Why does tracking stop in the middle of Flats acquisition... see the log.

A possible variant of the error occurred last night during flats acquisition:

I restarted ExpertScheduler and it recurred... I guess this is APCC again? Why does tracking stop in the middle of Flats acquisition... see the log.
    The "rest of the story" is:

2019-05-08 02:46:24.9: Sequencer is now active
    <-- 45 minutes later!!

2019-05-08 03:31:51.6: Sequencer is no longer active
    Source: AutoFlat

Have a look at the actual AutoFlat log (My Documents\ACP Astronomy\Logs\AutoFLat-xxxxxx.log). I think you're asking your system for too much flat data and it is failing for the sky being too dark. Also, vheck the Images area I am guessing you got quite a bit of flat data anyway (like 45 minutes' worth).

By the way the Scheduler would have recovered and continued into regular observations. I understand you stopped and restarted it, and since it was already too dark, it only took it 22 seconds to figure it out this time:

2019-05-08 03:36:04.8: Sequencer is now active
    <-- 22 seconds
    2019-05-08 03:36:26.3: Sequencer is no longer active
    2019-05-08 03:36:26.3: ** ACP script "AutoFlat" failed:
    2019-05-08 03:36:26.3: **Script Error (Tracking has been stopped)**
    Source: AutoFlat
    -- Bob

Thread Information